An Interactive Memoir
Jerry Ross, the Painter
Ch8 Awards and Recognition
Recognition was slow in coming but, fortunately, it did happen.
There have been major articles reviewing my work in the Eugene Register Guard.
AWARDS, RESIDENCIES, and PUBLIC SITE COMMISSIONS
- 2013 visiting artist, scholar American Academy in Rome
- 2010 visiting artist, scholar American Academy in Rome
- 2005, a gold medal and one-person show in Milan, Italy
as a result of a competition held in Corsico (Milan), Italy, sponsored by "Il gruppo cesare Frigerio."
The Milan jurors wrote that Ross's work represented "un naturalismo di matrice novecentesca ed un cromatismo tonale di forte effetto plastico
costruiscono un'atmosfera compostamente poetica" ("a sort of naturalism founded upon a twentieth-century matrix and a tonal type of chromatism
with a strong, sculptural effect, to construct a composed, poetic atmosphere.")
- Honored in Eugene, Oregon, with many local awards for his paintings, including Mayor's Art Show awards for La Mamma: Portrait of Stephania Mastrocinque and Vedova di Guerra: War Widow.
- 2001, received a Juror's Award at the 31st Annual Willamette Valley Juried Show in Corvallis, Oregon.
- 1996, second place in a painting competition held in Livergnano, Italy.
Studio exhibit, American Academy in Rome 2013
View from Gianicolo, from exhibit
Social event, American Academy in Rome.
From Wikipedia page for Kenmore, New York.
NEXT PAGE --->